My Pietà

Having studied art history and being very interested in Italian art, one piece that always caught my attention is the Pietà by Michelangelo.

This sculpture was created in 1498 to 1499 and depicts the body of Jesus on the lap of his mother Mary after the Crucifixion

Not being a religious person this sculpture means something different to me then to a devote Catholic.

In Michelangelo's depiction I see intense loss, sorry and opportunity terminated.



So when I started combining my political views with my art, this beautiful work of art came to mind and I created "La Pietà, Revisited


 This images was created a few years ago but I feel it is more relevant now than ever.

As always any comments are always welcome.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NFT Market, was it a fad or will it come back?

Fine Art Nude Photography Workshop